Tuesday 26 July 2011

First of the big talks for book

I am just off tonight to give the first of my talks to big organisations in Shrewsbury about the Lion Hotel book.

I am speaking to members of the Rotary Club of Shawbury and Mid Shropshire at the Lord Hill Hotel in Shrewsbury.

It will be good to see many friends there as the club was a good supporter of the Shrewsbury Chronicle when I was editor and together we raised many thousands of pounds for charity through the Tree of Light campaign, where people remembers their loved ones at Christmas.

Interestingly, I was in Keswick last week where a couple of Rotarians were handing out leaflets for their own Tree of Light. I mentioned my support – and they invited me to come up and give a talk to their members.

It’s certainly been a busy week for the book with Salop Leisure placing another big order for the book and my agent to sell to the shops, Ludlow Books, said there had been great interest throughout the county and they said they were planning to order more copies at the end of this week. Pictured below are the books on sale at the main reception desk at the entrance to Salop Leisure.

After tonight’s talk it is on to four days at the Shrewsbury Flower Show where I selling the book on the Salop Leisure stand and also giving two talks.

On Thursday, August 11 I will be at Shrewsbury School speaking to the Shropshire Society who come up from London and have a dinner on the night preceding the show. This is a joint venture with the Freemen of the Borough of Shrewsbury.

Then on Sunday, August 14 I am at a lunch given by the Mayor of Shrewsbury, Cllr Tony Durnell, in a Flower Show marquee to which he invites other county chairmen and civic dignitaries.

Before then I am speaking in Pontesbury and Minsterley this weekend and then on Monday lunchtime to Longton Probus Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment