Tuesday 19 July 2011

Tea in the Castle with the Mayor - and buy a book

Visitors to Shrewsbury who book on one of the guided town tours are invited to tea afterwards with the Mayor, Cllr Tony Durnell, in the Castle and Regimental Museum (pictured below).

Every Wednesday during July, August and September tourists enjoy tea, a scone and a chat with the Mayor in his parlour plus a chance to look at the civic treasures in the Castle.

“It is always very popular, particularly with the Americans, who like to pose for pictures with me in all my regalia,” said the Mayor (pictured below).


This summer he is also offering the visitors to the Castle the chance to buy copies of Four Centuries at The Lion Hotel which has already proved very popular with his guests.

“Both my wife and I have enjoyed reading the book as there is so much about the town’s history. I thought I knew the history of Shrewsbury, but even I have learnt a lot.

"So we have no hesitation in recommending it to those who are newcomers to Shrewsbury,” added the Mayor.

“We have sold some books already and look forward to selling plenty more over the next few months.”

For anyone interested in a guided tour of the town go to Shrewsbury Tourist Information.

No comments:

Post a Comment