Saturday 22 October 2011

Why I will be watching The X Factor tonight

I shall be doing something I have never done before on a Saturday night – I shall be watching The X Factor tonight.

The reason is I actually made it on to the new McDonald’s advert which is being shown during the advertisement breaks of the popular ITV programme, which starts at 8pm.

You may remember that I wrote in a previous blog that Severn Casting sent me to Huddersfield for one day to be an extra on the food giant’s latest advert.

It was a fascinating break from marketing and selling my two books, Four Centuries at The Lion Hotel and God's Secret Listener published by Lion Hudson of Oxford.

The film crew spent four days filming in and around Brook Street in the West Yorkshire town – for just a one-minute advert.

We were paired off as couples and I spent most of the day inside McDonald’s with my ‘wife’, Megan James, whose claim to fame was that she was Nora Batty’s stand-in on the TV series Last of the Summer Wine.

Megan is pictured below with the make-up artist (right) preparing her for filming.


Much to my surprise I actually made the advertisement and not the cutting floor. Sadly, my scene with Nora Batty’s stand-in was cut.

If you are Strictly Come Dancing fan and won’t be turning over to ITV you can still see my two seconds of fame on YouTube.

I am right at the end of the advert appropriately reading a paper with my back to the actor as he sings On The Street Where You Live  from My Fair Lady before he eats his Big Mac.

To see the advert go to www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJzDW8hudeo

No comments:

Post a Comment