Wednesday 30 November 2011

Catching up with Shrewsbury successes

As I mentioned a few weeks ago I was delighted to be asked to speak at the Shrewsbury Business Chamber monthly meeting where I met up with some old friends, including their PR Philip Davies who took this picture below.


I was pleased to receive this week their four-page glossy Newsletter for December and read many of the stories and hear of their successes.

Salop Leisure, whose chairman Tony Bywater has been a great supporter when I was editor at the Shrewsbury Chronicle and when I launched the Four Centuries at The Lion Hotel book, has been named Caravan Dealer of the Year. The company has been in business for 46 years and employs 140 people.

Also council staff at Shrewsbury Market Hall have been crowned Market Tenant of the Year (Local Authorities Category) by the National Association of British Market Authorities (NABMA).

It was good to see that the competition to find Shrewsbury’s Best Dressed Window, which we launched in the Chronicle, is still going strong. The winners this year were Ocacia, Juliet Chilton and Relate.

With the launch of the Shrewsbury Christmas Cracker night last month, chairman’s chat, diary dates, a welcome to new members and news from Destination Shrewsbury and Lanyon Bowdler, it is a good read.

Finally, I was delighted to see on the back page a good write-up and photograph about my talk to the Chamber last month.

Talking of meeting up with old friends, I am off to Shrewsbury again today where I am speaking to the Rotary Club at the Lord Hill, where I am sure I shall agaian recognise some familiar faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment