Sunday 25 March 2012

From New Jersey to The Lion Hotel

I never cease to be amazed by the number of emails I receive about my book, Four Centuries at The Lion Hotel and the stories behind them.

A few days ago I was delighted to hear from Barbara Hall who is arriving from West Milford, New Jersey, USA, map below, at the Shrewsbury hotel next month and wants to buy six autographed copies of my book.


Barbara emailed me to say: “I am travelling with a parent group from West Milford High School accompanying our band. 

“I am eagerly looking forward to my visit to this historic hotel and to reading your account of its history. 

“I am a retired librarian and a long-time fan of British literature on many levels.” 

She is arriving at the hotel mid afternoon on Wednesday, April 11 and I have arranged to meet her in reception to find out more about her connection with Shrewsbury.

Barbara concludes: “It will be fun to have a chance to say hello and be able to tell my friends that I ‘met the author’ when I give them the books.

“I look forward to meeting you on the 11th.”

It will also be fascinating for me to see Barbara and learn more about her trip and I shall report back about the visit in another blog that week.

If you are coming to The Lion Hotel and would like to meet me and buy autographed copies of my book email John@jbutterworth.plus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment