Tuesday 9 August 2011

From Probus to Steve Coogan

It has been an unusual week starting with speaking to Longton Probus Club at Barlaston on Monday followed by going to Matlock tomorrow to be an extra on a new series for Sky TV starring Steve Coogan (pictured below).


Apart from that there’s five days’ work in Shrewsbury including giving talks to the Shropshire Society from London and the Guilds of Shrewsbury on Thursday and another one to the Mayors and Chairmen of Shropshire on Sunday lunchtime, plus two days manning a stand at Shrewsbury Flower Show, so it’s going to be a busy and fun few days.

It was a trip down Memory Lane going to the The Upper House Hotel on Monday to talk to 51 members of Probus as I knew a few of them and a number were Old Newcastilians so it was fun to chat about life at Newcastle High School in the old days.

The talk, questions and DVD lasted an hour and it seemed to go down well by the number of perceptive questions members asked about all aspects of Albanian life and history.

As I have two more talks coming up to different Probus clubs it was good preparation. I am pleased to say the lunch and the hotel were first class – and I also sold a number of copies of Four Centuries at The Lion Hotel and God’s Secret Listener.

Tomorrow should be a fascinating day as I put my name down as an extra with an agency a few months ago and this is the first day’s work they have offered me.

All I know is that the programme is called Starlings and I will report back on how the day went.

No comments:

Post a Comment