Monday 8 August 2011

Plan for book to be included in new video

An unexpected bonus for the book came this week from freelance journalist Richard Vobes who is pitching a programme idea to the BBC about Shrewsbury which would include an interview with me about Four Centuries at The Lion Hotel.

In his email he wrote: “Your book, John is fabulous. I have been tweeting about it. I have just finished the chapter on the Wonder and have now moved on to the Mail Coach chapter.

“Thanks so much for writing it, and also for including additional details such as where the Wonder is available to be viewed. I will get in touch with the museum and see if I can film the Yellow Belly (pictured below).


He continued: “I have pitched a programme idea to the BBC and currently waiting to hear from them before pitching my ideas elsewhere.

“In the meantime, I am making a video about the town as part of a web series called The Bald Explorer. You can see a recent episode that I made about Lewes in East Sussex: www.BaldExplorer.com

”I was out yesterday experimenting with an Ironbridge style coracle on the Montgomery canal in preparation for the Shropshire video.

“My plan is to be seen emerging from under the English Bridge explaining how it was taken to bits and widened, etc.

“It would be fabulous to interview you about the book and to learn more about the history of The Lion Hotel.

“It’s all very exciting. I shall get in touch with The Lion and start to sort out some dates next week.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment